Christopher Nolan is back and he is obsessed with 'Time"!


Image result for christopher nolan jesus"

When it comes to films, nothing really wins my heart and brain like a Christopher Nolan film.This man does not make movies, at least that is why think.What he makes is a piece of art.His films pretty much shake the brains out of anyone who watches them and I love that because that feeling of getting shaken and provoked is something you do not really get in most modern films.His films are rare and for good reasons.In an industry that is filled with repetitive genre, Nolan is the person that delivers that weird Sci-Fi experience that is both mind-boggling and grounded at the same time.He delivers very intense and complex stories and at the same time makes them all tie in and make sense, well only if you are an intellectual with Big Brain and that is awesome.I love that weird puzzle element in films and Nolan films do it the best.I cannot ever forget the multiple viewing experience of Inception and Interstellar(Two of my favorite movies)and with every viewing, I discovered something new,something that I had completely missed watching the first time and when the puzzle pieces finally do fit in, the movie automatically makes sense. I love how he always wants to push the boundaries.I have not seen any of his pre-Batman movies(yeah I am a failure) but I have seen everything since Inception and I am always surprised how fresh and original his films are.Somehow he makes different films with completely different story and feel and the only similar thing in all his films is the 'Yeah lets loose my mind now'.Christopher Nolan is obsessed with 'Time'.Almost all his most popular films have something to do with the passage of time.Inception being a film about trippy dream sequences still has a lot of importance when in it comes to time.How time slows down with each level of dream played a very important part specially during the climax when Leonardo Dicaprio
finally runs out of time.Interstellar messes with time even more through space travel and even the music plays an important role in the movie to show the meaning of time(Thanks Hans Zimmer).During the mountains sequence,the music that plays represents each passing day on Earth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Ay_iDRAbc    In this music,each click represents a passing day on Earth!When I learned this,MIND=BLOWN!


I mean I never would have known this if not for the the deep investigators on the internet.And even Dunkirk which is just a classic war movie has a little something do with time as it shows different events at different times.I do not know about Memento and The Prestige but I have heard that Memento also has something time related.Its almost as if Nolan likes to tell stories about fighting time.And finally its time for TENET where Nolan finally has decided to dig into the layers of time.The TENET trailer definitely has some weird time rewind stuff going on in a more subtle way.The only time it really shows the trippy nature of the rewind thing is during the last car chase scene and that scene is trippy.If you thought that Inception was a complex mind-boggling film well then I am pretty sure that TENET is here to destroy your brain and rip it into little pieces!The concept of  'Time' is a very interesting storytelling tool and if done right,never seizes to amaze(Netflix's Dark, Erased Anime, Steins Gate Anime,etc are some of the best time related stuff I know) and Christopher Nolan can do it justice.I mean he is so original so what do you expect?I have not even seen a movie in over 2 months that is how much boring most movies are now and movie makers like Nolan keep me breathing.Another great thing about Nolan films are the long and wide shots that are shot through the massive 70mm IMAX camera,a sadly dying technology.Its sad that Kolkata does not have a true IMAX screen with the 1.43:1(Don't even argue about the South City Mall IMAX because that is pure garbage and expensive fake IMAX{LieMAx}!PVR PXL is the go to since it is the largest and screen in Kolkata and there was a time when it used to be a proper 70mm IMAX screen that delivered the Massive 1.43:1 image.)It always saddens me that I did not watch Inception on the big screen but thankfully I did watch Interstellar and Dunkirk on the Big Screen and they are the easily some of the best cinematic experience that I have ever had!Really excited for this one.

TENET Trailer - https://youtu.be/LdOM0x0XDMo
TENET Trailer REVERSED(Holy Moly now it all fits and Nolan is a genius!) - https://youtu.be/qbqulPx7SbQ

It is not a coincidence that the trailer in reverse fits too well.Also the sad thing this time is that Nolan's partner in crime Hans Zimmer will not be making music for this one(Sad pikachu noises).

Comments

Popular Posts