The Family Man Was Amazing And All But Its One-Shot Long Take Scenes Were True Art!


So it took me a while but finally I finished watching The Family Man and boy this show was good!Like it honestly shocked me how good it was.After watching this, I have to say that Sacred Games has left the chat!But lets talk about the one thing that actually surprised me,the one thing that I never thought that a show like this will have and the one thing that made me jump in excitement when I saw it coming, the One-Shot Long Take action sequences and even more,the amount of them!What are Long Take scenes?Well they are these long extended scenes that keep going on freely without any kind of cuts in between giving it a very immersive feel.The director has this vision where a scene keeps moving without any kind of cut interruption.My first experience with long take fight scene was in the First Season of Marvel's Daredevil which was a Hallway hand to hand fight scene and it was so raw and I loved it so much!They continued this tradition in Season 2 with a stairway fight scene and Season 3 with a very long prison scene which was just pushing the boundaries of possibility and it was a Jaw dropping experience.Then there is this Very Long Take Scene in the first Season of True Detective which was another Jaw dropping experience. And so I always get very excited when I see One-Shot Long Take scenes anywhere because they are so rare and they are so artistic.Every time I watch them, I am like 'How did they do this?'
So I was impressed when I saw that they were doing it in this show.It is a huge thing for an Indian Web-series,specially when you do not even expect it be there in the first place.It is a shame that people are not talking about the entry of this unique style in Indian entertainment.The directors did it in the first episode itself and it is there like every two or three episodes and my mind was blown as it is really daring to do Long Take sequences throughout the series because it is such a hard thing to do.One mistake and they would have to re-shoot the entirety of the scene from the beginning as the freedom to cut things out is gone and moreover doing it every two to three episodes is just mind blowing!The directors say they did it to make the show more grounded and they nailed it.Directors Raj Nidimoru and Krishna D.K,hats off to you guys!!

Directors talking about the Long Takes here.

Moving on, the story is not something we have not seen before but what matters is that it is so well done that if never feels boring and repetitive and it is such a tightly packed story but it still has all the time in the world for humour.It is funny when it wants to be funny and it gets really dark when it needs to be dark.Seeing Manoj Bajpayee playing the role of a spy that actually has a family and his struggles with both his family and his job is such much fun to watch.The fact that he is a 'Family Man' automatically ups the stakes and creates a sense of tension.The side plot of his family specially his wife and daughter also somehow manages to feel kinda interesting.It showcases a rift that the family has because of lack proper communication.The acting was great but Manoj Bajpayee was outstanding!The supporting cast was great as well!The music was so good.I had a lot of fun watching this show,more than I ever asked from it.It definitely is a must watch and I want a season 2 now!

Final Score - 9.5/10

Click here for trailer!

Meanwhile........
Stranger Things is already teasing its fourth season and it has not even been 3 months since the third season!

Comments

Popular Posts